While I have been commuting on my bicycle I have been thinking about what my ideal human powered personal transport vehicle would be like. It would incorporate features that I have seen all over but here is a list.
- It would a recumbent trike
- It would have a full enclosure, and be aerodynamic
- It would have heads up display, that would show 360 degree view, represented with symbols, of all cars and distance from you.
- Turn signals
- a flywheel that would recharge the battery system and allow you to continue pedaling at full speed even as you come to a stop.
- A power assist that would boost your speed when pulling onto a road or from a stop while in traffic
- The electric assist would also have a clutch that would engage the flywheel as you matched the speed you are pedaling.
The goal is to have a bicycle that can drive in traffic as needed through town and not lose momentum through stoplights and be able to jump up in speed as needed. You would have a GPS unit that knows your route and can learn where hills and stoplights are and make sure that you have enough power to get you to your destination. You can also program in wether or not you will be able to charge at your destination. So if you are going to the store you can input that you will need to get there and back. You would schedule your charging time, and it would know that you need to reserve power. that way you can get home asap if you have a full charge.
Any thoughts? I would love any additions you could offer. I don’t see why this vehicle couldn’t come into fruition in the next 5 years.